Tuesday 8 July 2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Bring Me To Life by Evanescence was in the top 5 hits.
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, directed by Stephen Norrington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Living History by Hillary Rodham Clinton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Suika.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabela's Deer Hunt: 2004 Season or Dancing Stage MegaMix.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 2003!
Which were the important events of 8 July 2003 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 July
- A worker at a Lockheed Martin aircraft parts factory in Meridian, Mississippi, shoots 13 co-workers, killing five, before committing suicide. Investigators are unsure of the motive.
- Ladan and Laleh Bijani die during their unsuccessful separation operation in Singapore.
- During a visit to the former slave-trading station on Goree Island, off the coast of Dakar, Senegal, U.S. President George W. Bush calls slavery ampquotone of the greatest crimes of historyampquot, but stops short of an official apology.
- Same-sex marriage in Canada: A British Columbia court rules that same-sex couples may get married in that province, effective immediately. BC becomes the second Canadian province, and second political division in the Western Hemisphere, to legalize same-sex marriage. This decision is similar to the Ontario decision on June 10, 2003.
- A Sudan Airways Boeing 737 jetliner crashes in Port Sudan, killing 116 passengers. A toddler of two or three years is the sole survivor but dies later of his wounds.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Evanescence - Bring Me To Life
- R Kelly - Ignition Remix
- Busta Rhymes & Mariah Carey featuring The Flipmode Squad - I Know What You Want
- Say Goodbye / Love Ain't Gonna Wait For You - S Club
- XTM & DJ Chucky Presents Annia - Fly On The Wings Of Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?