Saturday 8 July 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Oborona Sevastopolya, directed by Vasili Goncharov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Wisdom of Our Fathers by Tim Russert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 8 July 2006 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 July
- Peter Hawkins: British actor and voice actor (Born 1924).
- USS ''Mustin'', which has surface-to-air and Tomahawk cruise missiles is deployed to a Japanese port. This is regularly scheduled and not in response to North Korea's missile test. (Associated Press)
- The first confirrmed flight of a manned ornithopter operating under its own power is made in Toronto, Canada by aerospace scientists. (Toronto Star)
- US diplomat Christopher R. Hill indicates US support for the informal resumption of six party talks aimed at resolving the North Korean nuclear crisis. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict (Operation Summer Rains):
- Seven terror suspects escape from a Saudi Arabian prison. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?