Friday 8 June 1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Janssens .
El pechador, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1906.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1906!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1906 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Charles Janssens: Belgium -- Actor (Mira, Malpertuis).
- Christian Frederik Emil Horneman: Composer, dies at 65.
- Theodore Roosevelt signs the Antiquities Act into law, authorizing the President to restrict the use of certain parcels of public land with historical or conservation value.
- Congress passes the Antiquities Act, to preserve historic sites against unauthorized excavation or destruction.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Keep on the Sunny Side - Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?