Wednesday 8 June 1910
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Emperor's Messenger, directed by Luigi Maggi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1910.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1910!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1910 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Aleksandr T Tvardovski: Russian conductor.
- John W Campbell: United States -- Sci-fi writer (Moon is Hell).
- C Beck: American illustrator (d. 1989).
- John Campbell: American journalist and author (d. 1971).
- Fernand Fonssagrives: French-American photographer sculptor and painter (d. 2003).
- CC Beck: American cartoonist and humor illustrator with Fawcett's pulp magazines since 1933. He was the chief artist of the "Captain Marvel" cartoon strip form 1939-1954, and the creator of "Captain Tootsie" for Tootsie Roll Candy Co. Married, he had two kids. His initials stand for Charles Clarence Beck.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon - Ada Jones
- My Southern Rose - Henry Burr
- The Cubanola Glide - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?