Wednesday 8 June 1910
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aleksandr T Tvardovski and John W Campbell.
The Emperor's Messenger, directed by Luigi Maggi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1910!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1910 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Aleksandr T Tvardovski: Russian conductor.
- John W Campbell: United States -- Sci-fi writer (Moon is Hell).
- CC Beck: American cartoonist and humor illustrator with Fawcett's pulp magazines since 1933.
- C Beck: American illustrator (d. 1989).
- John Campbell: American journalist and author (d. 1971).
- Fernand Fonssagrives: French-American photographer sculptor and painter (d. 2003)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- By the Light of the Silvery Moon - Ada Jones
- My Southern Rose - Henry Burr
- The Cubanola Glide - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?