Sunday 8 June 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Kirby and Glidewell.
Koi no torimono, directed by Zanmu Kako, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1924 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- George Kirby: Chicago, Illinois -- Comedian (ABC Comedy Hour, Pearl Bailey Show).
- Glidewell: Lord Justice.
- Sheldon Allman in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Norm - Harris Against the World).
- William Barlow: CEO (BICC).
- Richard Gelb: American merchandise marketer, accountant and CEO in charge of Bristol-Myers Squibb, the worlds second largest drug manufacturing company.
- Pierre Cardinal: French director of a television series. He is the brother of writer Marie Cardinal.
- Billie Dawe: Canadian ice hockey player and manager (d. 2013)
- Iain Glidewell: English lawyer and judge
- Lyn Nofziger: American journalist and political advisor to Ronald Reagan (Born 1924)
- Kenneth Waltz: American political scientist and academic (d. 2013)
- George Mallory and Andrew Irvine are last seen quotgoing strong for the topquot of Mount Everest by teammate Noel Odell at 12:50ampnbspP.M. The two mountaineers are never seen alive again.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Nobody's Sweetheart - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- California, Here I Come - Georgie Price
- Days of Yesterday - Elliott Shaw
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?