Saturday 8 June 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Nosferatu, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1929 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Earl Ferrers: British Minister of State (Department of Environment).
- Nada Inada: Japanese psychiatrist and author (d. 2013).
- Gastone Moschin: Italian actor.
- Robert Shirley: 13th Earl Ferrers English lieutenant and politician (d. 2012).
- Robert Meunier: French boxer, a bantamweight pro from 1951-1965.
- Jerry Stiller in Brooklyn: New York, USA; comedian/actor (Stiller and Meara, Hairspray).
- Daniel Widlöcher: French professor of psychiatry and psychoanalyst.
- Bliss Carman: Canadian-American poet and playwright (d. 1929).
- 61st Belmont: Mack Garner aboard Blue Larkspur wins in 2:32.8
- Venezuelan rebel Rafael Urbina overthrows Fort Amsterdam, Curacao kidnap Governor Fruytier
- Ramsay MacDonald founds a new Labour government.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?