Monday 8 June 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
A Free Soul, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1931!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1931 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Ivan V Lali: Poet.
- James Goldstone: American director and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- James Leander "Leo" Nichols: Honorary consul.
- Dana Wynter: German-English actress (d. 2011).
- Maurice Amiel: Vannes EXecutives.
- Rosario Nicoletti: Italian political secretary. Died of suicide on 17 November 1984. He jumped from a window.
- Duke and Duchess of Kent wed
- Suriname Work Committee under Louis Doedel forms in Paramaribo
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?