Thursday 8 June 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
His Private Secretary, directed by Philip H. Whitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1933!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1933 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Joan Rivers: American comedienne, thought by many to be the funniest lady on the planet.
- Rommie Loudd: former American football player, coach, and executive (Born 1933).
- Robert Stevens: English lawyer and academic.
- Joan Rivers in Brooklyn: New York, USA; comedian (The Late Show, Hollywood Squares).
- Dr Robert Stevens: Master (Pembroke College, Oxford).
- Eric Parker: Deputy CEO (Trafalgar House)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?