Tuesday 8 June 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Norma Shaw and Bruce McCandless II in Boston.
A Day at the Races, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1937 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Norma Shaw: Bowler.
- Bruce McCandless II in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (STS 41B, STS-31).
- Leon Levine: American merchandise marketer, owner and CEO of Family Dollar Stores, a nationwide discount chain store specializing in the inexpensive merchandise.
- Wilhelm Wilhelmsen: Norwegian shipowner, the fourth generation manager (in descending line) of the shipping company Wilh.
- Gillian Clarke: Welsh poet and playwright.
- World's largest flower blooms in New York Botonical Garden, 12-inch calla lily.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?