Tuesday 8 June 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Day at the Races, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1937 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Norma Shaw: Bowler.
- Bruce McCandless II in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (STS 41B, STS-31).
- Leon Levine: American merchandise marketer, owner and CEO of Family Dollar Stores, a nationwide discount chain store specializing in the inexpensive merchandise.
- Wilhelm Wilhelmsen: Norwegian shipowner, the fourth generation manager (in descending line) of the shipping company Wilh.
- Gillian Clarke: Welsh poet and playwright.
- World's largest flower blooms in New York Botonical Garden, 12-inch calla lily.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?