Thursday 8 June 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernie Casey in Wyco and Herb Adderley in Philadelphia.
Inspector Hornleigh, directed by Eugene Forde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1939 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Bernie Casey in Wyco: West Virginia, USA; actor (Boxcar Bertha, Rent-a-Cop).
- Herb Adderley in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; NFL hall of famer (Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys).
- Bernie Casey: American football player and actor.
- Ruthe Jones: Delaware-Shawnee-Peoria painter.
- Francis Jacobs: English lawyer and judge.
- British King George VI visits US
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?