Tuesday 8 June 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Spitfire, directed by Leslie Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1943 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- J C A Barrett: Headmaster (Leys School-Cambridge).
- Vicki Stangroome: Campaigner.
- William Calley: American soldier, a Lieutenant who was convicted of the My Lai massacre in Vietnam on 16 March 1968.
- Willie Davenport: American competitor in five Olympic games and the 1968 Olympic Gold Medal-winning hurdler.
- Colin Baker: Actor (Dr Who, Swallows & Amazons).
- Peter Eggert: German footballer and manager
- WWII: Japanese battleship Mutsu was destroyed by an accidental magazine explosion in Hashirajima anchorage, killing 1,121.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?