Tuesday 8 June 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include J C A Barrett and Vicki Stangroome.
Spitfire, directed by Leslie Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1943 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- J C A Barrett: Headmaster (Leys School-Cambridge).
- Vicki Stangroome: Campaigner.
- William Calley: American soldier, a Lieutenant who was convicted of the My Lai massacre in Vietnam on 16 March 1968.
- Willie Davenport: American competitor in five Olympic games and the 1968 Olympic Gold Medal-winning hurdler.
- Colin Baker: Actor (Dr Who, Swallows & Amazons).
- Peter Eggert: German footballer and manager
- WWII: Japanese battleship Mutsu was destroyed by an accidental magazine explosion in Hashirajima anchorage, killing 1,121.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?