Thursday 8 June 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Days of Glory, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1944 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- William Royce "Boz" Scaggs in Dallas: Texas, USA; rocker (Steve Miller Band).
- Mark Belanger: American baseball player (Born 1944).
- Annie Haslam: English singer-songwriter and painter (Renaissance and Nevada).
- Marc Ouellet: Archbishop of Quebec City.
- Boz Scaggs: American musician who joined Steve Miller in "The Marksman" in 1959, doing vocals and tambourine while learning to play the guitar.
- Don Grady: American actor who had his start in show business as a member of the "Mickey Mouse Club" on TV 1957-’58. With boyish charm, in 1960 he moved into the TV series "My Three Sons," one of the most popular family sitcoms of all time, where he played Robbie until 1971, from ages 15 to 26. Handsome, 5’ 7" with brown hair and a cleft chin, he was a drummer and singing member of the band which toured as "Yellow Balloon." They had a hit, "Yellow Balloon," which reached No.25 on the Billboard Pop Charts in
- Babik Reinhardt: French jazz-fusion guitarist, one of Django Reinhardt's sons. He did not learn the guitar directly from Django, who wanted him to learn the piano instead, but from various other family members.
- 1st SS-Pantser corps counter attacks at Normandy
- Allies occupy Port-and-Bessin Normandy
- Dutch Resistance fighter Frans Duwaer arrested
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?