Friday 8 June 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donna Deitch and Anthony Bagnall.
Conflict, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1945 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Donna Deitch: Director (Sexual Advances, Women of Brewster Place).
- Anthony Bagnall: English air marshal.
- Steven Fromholz: American singer-songwriter producer and poet (d. 2014).
- Derek Underwood: English cricketer.
- Karl Hanke: Polish-German businessman and politician (d. 1945).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 June 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby (Xavier Cugat Orchestra) - You Belong To My Heart
- Dream (When You're Feeling Blue) - Frank Sinatra
- Johnnie Johnston - Laura
- Good, Good, Good (That's You-That's You) - Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?