Monday 8 June 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Kucek and Billy Hayes.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, directed by Eugne Louri, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1953 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Jack Kucek: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Chicago White Sox (1974-1978), Philadelphia Phillies (1979), and Toronto Blue Jays (1980).
- Billy Hayes: English union leader.
- Sandy Nairne: English historian and curator.
- Ivo Sanader: Croatian historian and politician 8th Prime Minister of Croatia.
- Olav Stedje: Norwegian singer-songwriter.
- Ad Tak: Dutch cyclist
- Godfrey Tearle: Actor (39 Steps, Mandy, At Dawn We Die), dies at 68.
- Segregated lunch counters in DC forbidden by Supreme Court.
- Tornadoes kill 110 in Michigan and Ohio
- Cluster of six tornadoes touch down in Flint, Michigan, USA killing 113.
- The United States Supreme Court rules that Washington, D.C. restaurants could not refuse to serve black patrons.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?