Saturday 8 June 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's My Party by Lesley Gore.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Donovan's Reef, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1963 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Keti Garbi: Greek singer.
- Dominique Auduc: French entertainer, who performs as a clown called Gaby.
- John Restino: Westchester, New York -- Canadian Tour golfer (1993 Tommy Armour).
- Kino Haitsma: Pianist / arrangeur (Josephine).
- Susan Smith: LPGA golfer.
- Katy Garbi: Greek singer actress and producer
- Frank Grillo: American actor
- Karen Kingsbury: American journalist and author
- Antoaneta Todorova: Bulgarian javelin thrower
- Mr President closes at St. James Theater NYC after 265 performances
- 95th Belmont: Braulio Baeza aboard Chateaugay wins in 2:30.2
- American Heart Association is 1st agency to campaign against cigarettes
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Lou Christie - Two Faces Have I
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- Bill Anderson - Still
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?