Tuesday 8 June 1965
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kevin Ritz and Robert Platus in New York City.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Back In My Arms Again by The Supremes.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Shenandoah, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vision On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1965!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1965 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Kevin Ritz: Eatonstown, New Jersey -- Pitcher (Colorado Rockies).
- Robert Platus in New York City: New York, USA; rocker (Milli Vanilli - "Girl You Know This").
- Chris Chavis: American professional wrestler.
- Frank Grillo: TV Actor.
- Kevin Farley: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Rob Pilatus: American-German singer and dancer (Milli Vanilli and Rob & Fab) (d. 1998)
- İsmail Türüt: Turkish singer
- Edmondo Rossoni: Italian fascist (Born 1884).
- USSR launches Luna 6; missed Moon
- US troops ordered to fight offensively in Vietnam.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 June 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Roger Miller - Engine Engine #9
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Beau Brummels - Just A Little
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?