Wednesday 8 June 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rufus Bellamy and Julianna Margulies.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Khartoum, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching 4-3-2-1 Hot and Sweet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1966 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Rufus Bellamy: British Writer.
- Julianna Margulies: American actress.
- Yumi Morio: Japanese voice actress.
- Doris Pearson: English singer-songwriter and choreographer (Five Star).
- Anton Melik: Slovenian geographer and academic (d. 1966).
- NFL and AFL announce plans to become NFC and AFC in 1970.
- One of the XB-70 Valkyrie prototypes is destroyed in a mid-air collision with a F-104 Starfighter chase plane during a photo shoot. NASA pilot Joseph A. Walker and United States Air Force test pilot Carl Cross are both killed.
- Topeka, Kansas is devastated by a tornado that registers as an ''F5'' on the Fujita Scale: the first to exceed US$100 million in damages. Sixteen people are killed, hundreds more injured, and thousands of homes damaged or destroyed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 June 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- James Brown - It's A Man's Man's Man's World
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Green Grass
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?