Thursday 8 June 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Respect by Aretha Franklin.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1967 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Neil Mitchell rocker (Wet: Wet, Wet-Wishing I Was).
- Kathryn Marshall: Dundee, Scotland -- LPGA golfer (1995 Jamie Farr).
- Stephane Simian: France -- Tennis star.
- Elliot Griffis: Composer, dies at 74.
- Israel attacks USS Liberty in Mediterranean, killing 34 US crewmen.
- Six-Day War: The USS Liberty incident occurs, killing 34 and wounding 171.
- Israel and Syria agree to a United Nations-mediated cease-fire.
- The Soviet Union severs diplomatic relations with Israel.
- Margrethe, heir apparent to the throne of Denmark, marries French count Henri de Laborde de Monpezat.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Him Or Me - What's It Gonna Be?
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- The Temptations - All I Need
- The Mamas & The Papas - Creeque Alley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?