Thursday 8 June 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ridin' by Chamillionaire.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
Monster House, directed by Gil Kenan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 8 June 2006 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 June
- Scientists in Greece announce to have revealed previously hidden ancient Greek letters on the Antikythera mechanism, thought to be one of the world's first known analog computers. (The Register)
- A delegation from the rebel Lord's Resistance Army arrives in Juba, Sudan for peace talks with the Ugandan government to be mediated by Riek Machar, Vice President of Southern Sudan. (BBC)
- Conflict in Iraq
- According to an aide to Iraq's prime minister Nuri al-Maliki, the leader of Al-Qaeda in Iraq and one of the world's most wanted men, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, was killed by a U.S. air raid. Al-Zarqawi's body was retrieved and visually identified by known scars, tattoos and fingerprints. (BBC)
- Haya Rashed Al-Khalifa, a former ambassador to France and one of the first women in Bahrain to practice law, is elected President of the Sixty-first United Nations General Assembly. (UN.org)
- Microsoft makes Windows Vista beta 2 available for general download. PC World
- Former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad declares his successor, Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, betrayed his trust mdash Mahathir's strongest criticism of Abdullah's administration yet. ( Malaysia Today)
- The U.S. House of Representatives definitively rejects the concept of Net neutrality ( ZDNet)
- In Game 1 of the NBA Finals (Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat) the Mavs beat Miami 90-80.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?