Sunday 8 June 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
The Happening, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Hollow by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Family Outing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AdventureQuest Worlds or Alien Crush Returns.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 8 June 2008 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 June
- Saban Bajramovic: Serbian Romani musician (Born 1936).
- The Akihabara massacre takes place in the Akihabara shopping quarter in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan. Tomohiro Kato drives a two-ton truck into a crowd before leaving the truck and attacking people with a knife.
- Two bombs explode at a train station near Algiers, Algeria, killing at least 12 people. (BBC News)
- A fire sweeps through the historic Texas Governor's Mansion, leaving much of the 152-year-old building charred and severely damaged. (AP via Google News)
- A dispute between Southern Sudan and the central Sudanese government over Abyei will go to international arbitration. (BBC)
- Robert Kubica of the BMW Sauber team wins the 2008 Canadian Grand Prix, becoming the first Pole to win a Formula One Grand Prix auto race, and giving BMW its first win as a constructor. (Formula1) (Wikinews)
- At least two people have been killed as an earthquake rocked southern Greece, collapsing buildings and causing panic. (CNN)
- The government of Southern Sudan withdraws its mediation efforts at the Juba talks between Uganda and the rebel Lord's Resistance Army. (''The Uganda Monitor'')
- A day of mourning is declared in Russia's Kaliningrad Region as the death toll from Thursday's explosion and fire on the MV ''Yenisei'' reaches eight, with two missing. (Xinhua) (Wikinews)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?