Wednesday 8 March 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Sherlock Holmes, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1922!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1922 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Ralph Baer: Game Designer.
- H Kipphardt: writer.
- Cyd Charisse: American dancer who began her career in ballet with the Ballet Russe.
- Carl Furillo: Brooklyn Dodger (National League Batting Champion 1953).
- Yevgeny Matveyev: Russian actor and film director (d. 2003).
- Shigeru Mizuki: Japanese author and illustrator (d. 2015)
- Ralph H Baer: German-born American inventor
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Weep No More, My Mammy - Vernon Dalhart
- Swanee River Moon - Columbia Stellar Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?