Friday 8 March 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1946 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Robert Jaworski: Philippine senator, basketball coach and PBA basketball player, also known as Sonny Jaworski, Bobby Jaworski, Robert Jaworski, Sr.
- Jacques Borie: French chef, who works in L'osler in Tokyo.
- Randy Meisner: American musician inducted with the Eagles into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on January 12, 1998.
- Yiannis Parios: Greek singer.
- Randy Meisner rock bassist/vocalist (Poco: Eagles - "Take it Easy").
- 1st helicopter licensed for coml use (NYC)
- First helicopter licensed for commercial use (New York City, New York).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Oh! What It Seemed To Be
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Atlanta G.A.
- Seems Like Old Times - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
- Personality - Dinah Shore
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?