Friday 8 March 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Randy Meisner rock bassist/vocalist (Poco and Jacques Borie.
To Each His Own, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1946 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Randy Meisner rock bassist/vocalist (Poco: Eagles - "Take it Easy").
- Jacques Borie: French chef, who works in L'osler in Tokyo.
- Robert Jaworski: Philippine senator, basketball coach and PBA basketball player, also known as Sonny Jaworski, Bobby Jaworski, Robert Jaworski, Sr.
- Randy Meisner: American musician inducted with the Eagles into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on January 12, 1998.
- Yiannis Parios: Greek singer.
- 1st helicopter licensed for coml use (NYC)
- First helicopter licensed for commercial use (New York City, New York).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Oh! What It Seemed To Be
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Atlanta G.A.
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - Seems Like Old Times
- Hey! Ba-Ba-Re-Bop - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
- Personality - Dinah Shore
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?