Monday 8 March 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Sitting Pretty, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1948 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Gyles Brandreth: British politician, writer, businessman and TV host, born in Germany where his dad was stationed in the Armed Forces.
- [Little] Peggy March [Margaret Battavio] in Lansdale: Pennsylvania, USA; vocalist ("I Will Follow Him").
- Peggy March: American pop singer, primarily known for her 1963 million-selling song "I Will Follow Him".
- Robert Boyd: American Physicist.
- Sam Lacey: American basketball player (d. 2014).
- Jonathan Sacks: Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations of the Commonwealth
- Supreme Court rules relg instructions in pub schools unconstitutional
- US Supreme Court rules relgious instruction in public schools is unconstitutional.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?