Monday 8 March 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fatima Lopes and Kenny Smith.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Eight Days A Week by The Beatles.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
The Train, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dim Dam Dom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1965!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1965 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Fatima Lopes: Portuguese fashion designer.
- Kenny Smith: NBA guard (Houston Rockets).
- Fátima Lopes: Portuguese fashion designer.
- Esther Howard: Actress (Detour), dies of heart attack at 72.
- 1st US combat forces arrive in Vietnam (3,500 Marines)
- First US combat forces arrive in South Vietnam (3,500 Marines).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- The Temptations - My Girl
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Ferry Across The Mersey
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- The Kingsmen - The Jolly Green Giant
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Hurt So Bad
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?