Wednesday 8 March 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Without You by Nilsson.
Slaughterhouse-Five, directed by George Roy Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1972!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1972 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Georgios Georgiadis: Greek footballer and manager.
- Angie Hart: Australian singer (Frente! and Splendid).
- Fergal O'Brien: Irish snooker player.
- Matthew Nable: Australian rugby player and actor.
- Ramona Rizzo: Reality Star.
- Nicolas Fargues: French novelist, who had various jobs in journalism, libraries and publishing before achieving his first major public and critical success with "One Man Show" published in 2002.
- Craig Johnson in Saint Paul: Minnesota, USA; NHL left wing (Los Angeles Kings/Olympics-1994).
- Takuro Abe: WLAF linebacker (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Pat Riley: NFL defensive end (Chicago Bears, Seattle Seahawks)
- Erich von dem Bach-Zelewski: German Nazi official (Born 1899).
- 1st airship flown over Britain in 20 years (Europa)
- 1st flight of the Goodyear blimp
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nilsson - Without You
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Carpenters - Hurting Each Other
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Climax - Precious And Few
- The Osmonds - Down By The Lazy River
- Bread - Everything I Own
- Cher - The Way Of Love
- T. Rex - Bang A Gong (Get It On)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?