Thursday 8 March 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Long Goodbye, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1973 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Mickey Ferriols: American-Filipino actress.
- Mark Lukasiewicz: American baseball player.
- Kurt Mollekens: Belgian racing car driver.
- Justin Thompson: American baseball player.
- Anneke van Giersbergen: Dutch singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Gathering and The Gentle Storm).
- David Wilcock: New Age lecturer, author, and filmmaker.
- Nanette Pearson in Pleasant Grove: Utah, USA; Miss America-Utah (1996).
- Kendell Watkins: NFL tight end (Dallas Cowboys).
- Boris Kodjoe: Austrian model
- Dawn Maracle: Canadian indigenous consultant on Aboriginal health; social commentary writer and breast cancer survivor. Maracle was diagnosed at 16, underwent surgery at 19, and has since been cancer-free. A former model, she teaches the Zumba workout routine.
- Eisenhower Tunnel, world's highest/US longest, opens.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- Jermaine Jackson - Daddy's Home
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?