Saturday 8 March 1980
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen.
In UK Too Much Too Young (The Special AKA Live! EP) by The Specials was in the top 5 hits.
Coal Miner's Daughter, directed by Michael Apted, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Princess Daisy by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1980!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1980 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Charli Robinson: TV Show Host.
- Stephen Milne: Australian rules footballer.
- Simon Peddie: Montserrat footballer.
- Charli Delaney: Australian singer (Hi-5).
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Greg Chappell 235 and Yallop 172, for 217 stand at Faisalabad.
- The Soviet Union's first rock music festival starts.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Teri DeSario - Yes, I'm Ready
- Dan Fogelberg - Longer
- Andy Gibb - Desire
- Donna Summer - On The Radio
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Spinners - Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me Girl (Medley)
- Rupert Holmes - Him
- Shalamar - The Second Time Around
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?