Friday 8 March 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Can't Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon.
In UK I Know Him So Well by Elaine Paige & Barbara Dickson was in the top 5 hits.
Mask, directed by Peter Bogdanovich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1985!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1985 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
Famous Birthdays:08 March
- Ice Dance Championship at Tokyo won by Bestemianova and Bukin (URS)
- A failed assassination attempt on Sayyed Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah in Beirut, Lebanon, kills at least 45 and injures 175 others.
- Mikhail Gorbachev becomes General Secretary of the Soviet Communist Party and ''de facto'' leader of the Soviet Union.
- Mohammed Al Fayed buys the London-based department store company Harrods.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling
- Wham! - Careless Whisper
- Glenn Frey - The Heat Is On
- David Lee Roth - California Girls
- Madonna - Material Girl
- Julian Lennon - Too Late For Goodbyes
- Pointer Sisters - Neutron Dance
- Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
- Sheena Easton - Sugar Walls
- Kool & The Gang - Misled
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?