Tuesday 8 May 1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1906.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1906 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- David Van Vactor: Plymouth, Indiana -- Composer (Chaconne).
- Esther Hoffe: Israeli mistress of Max Brod (d. 2007).
- Maurice Le Lannou: French geographer, who died on 3 July 1992.
- Roberto Rossellini: Italian acclaimed film director, producer and scenarist, the leading representative of the post WW II wave of realism.
- Philadelphia Athletics pitcher Chief Benders plays outfield and hits two homeruns.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Grand Old Rag - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?