Sunday 8 May 1910
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Jane Eyre, directed by Theodore Marston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1910.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1910 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Andrew Svenson: American author and publisher (d. 1975).
- Mary Williams: American pianist and composer (d. 1981).
- Mary Holmes: American painter, educator and Professor of Art History.
- Andrew E Svenson: American children's book author and publisher (d. 1975).
- Mary Lou Williams: US jazz pianist / composer (Zodiac Suite).
- Ronald Russell: Actor / manager (We are Angels, Little Dorrit)
- Dorthy Winterburn: American noted family, grandmother of actor/director Michael Tierney.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Mississippi Stoker - Bert Williams
- John McCormack - Killarney
- Young America - Nora Bayes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?