Saturday 8 May 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Sparrows, directed by William Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1926 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Pierre Broué: French historian and Trotskyist.
- Don Rickles in Queens: New York, USA; comedian (Don Rickles Show, CPO Sharkey).
- Don Rickles: Comedian.
- David Attenborough: English broadcaster and naturalist.
- Erico Menczer: Fiume, Italy -- Cinematographer (Chosen, Miranda).
- 1st flight over North Pole (Bennett & Byrd)
- Fire breaks out in Fenway Park
- A Philip Randolph organizes Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Always - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Clap Hands! Here Comes Charley - Johnny Marvin
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?