Wednesday 8 May 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Valiant, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1929 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Jean-Pierre Nicola: French astrologer, an influence and teacher of a number of well known European astrologers such as Françoise Hardy and Catherine Aubier.
- Claude Castonguay: Canadian banker and politician.
- Miyoshi Umeki: Japanese-American actress and singer (d. 2007).
- Girija Devi: Indian singer.
- V N: M Korte-van Hemel; Dutch Secretary of Justice (CDA).
- Dean Werries: American operations merchandising marketeer and CEO of Fleming, the nations largest wholesale food distributor. Werries has a BS degree in Business.
- Jane Roberts: American mystic, the author of the "Seth" books, dictated by a discarnate entity. She had formerly published a number of sci-fi and fantasy stories in national magazines plus two novels. Roberts had never had a psychic experience before 9/09/1963, when an incredible inner world burst through her senses in a flash. As the medium for Seth, she produced more than 500 pages of religious philosophy that gained popularity from her large following, often working with her husband Robert (born June 20, 1
- Jan Mayen island, 500 km NNE of Iceland, is incorporated into Norway.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?