Thursday 8 May 1930
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Born Reckless, directed by Andrew Bennison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1930 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Doug Atkins in Humbolt: Tennessee, USA; NFL hall of famer (Cleveland Browns, Chicago Bears, New Orleans Saints).
- Heather Harper: Irish-English soprano.
- Doug Atkins: American football player (d. 2015).
- René Maltête: French photographer and poet (d. 2000).
- Gary Snyder: American poet, author and member of the beat-generation with Ginsberg and Kerouac, the prototype for "Dharma Bums.
- Jacques Frémontier: French historian, sociologist, novelist, journalist (director from 1965 to 1969 of Paris Jour; editor of Paris Presse 1962-1965), and television producer and writer (1967-1983).
- Lvar Henning Mankell: Composer, dies at 61.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?