Tuesday 8 May 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Man from Utah, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1934 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Sonny Liston: US heavyweight boxing chmap (1962-64).
- Roger Kendrick: governor (Dartmoor Prison).
- Mel Bradford: American conservative political commentator and professor of literature at the University of Dallas.
- John Clendenin: American businessman, the chairman of The Home Depot.
- Leonard Hoffmann: Baron Hoffmann South African-English lawyer and judge.
- Maurice Norman: English footballer
- David Williamson: Baron Williamson of Horton English soldier and politician
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?