Thursday 8 May 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Mitchum in Bridgeport and James A Traficant Jr American politician (Representative-Democrat-Ohio.
Citizen Kane, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1941 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Jim Mitchum in Bridgeport: Connecticut, USA; actor (Blackout, Invincible Six).
- James A Traficant Jr American politician (Representative-Democrat-Ohio: 1985-).
- Felix Blaska: Polish-French dancer, choreographer and ballet director.
- Dana Haynes: American astrologer who began her study at 14 with her mom, who was an astrologer but more skilled in numerology.
- James Mitchum: American noted family and actor, the elder son of Robert Mitchum.
- Joachim Vietinghoff: German film producer and noted family, the nephew of artist Egon von Vietinghoff.
- Mahmoud Ahmed: Ethiopian singer (Walias Band)
- John Fred: American singer-songwriter (d. 2005)
- Bill Lockyer: American academic and politician 30th Attorney General of California
- James Traficant: American lawyer and politician (d. 2014)
- Heinrich Zollner: Composer, dies at 86.
- German Q-ship Pinguin sinks in Indian Ocean
- The German Luftwaffe launch a bombing raid on Nottingham and Derby
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?