Monday 8 May 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The White Cliffs of Dover, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1944 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Judi Zeisler: American astrologer, a student from 1969 and certified in 1980 by Professional Astrologers Inc.
- Gary Glitter: Rock Singer.
- Bill Legend: English drummer (T.
- Themistoklis Diakidis: Greek high jumper (Born 1882).
- 33 communist resistance fighter sentenced to death
- U-575 sinks Asphodel
- First eye bank opens (New York City).
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?