Saturday 8 May 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Reid and Maurizio Nichetti.
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Barney Blake, Police Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1948 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- John Reid: MP.
- Maurizio Nichetti: Actor (Icicle Thief, Volcano).
- Felicity Lott: English singer.
- Robin Heath: British pro astrologer, interested from 1973 when he met an astrologer on a grounded aircraft and was captivated by their ensuing conversation.
- Alain Le Vern: French politician, a Socialist Senator and president of the Haute-Normandie region.
- Steve Braun: American baseball player and coach
- Stephen Stohn: American-Canadian lawyer and producer
- Bradman scores 146 Aust vs. Surrey, 174 mins, 15 fours
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?