Thursday 8 May 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1952 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Bruno Delaye: French diplomat, who served as Ambassador to Togo (1991-1992), Mexico (1994-2000), Greece (2003-2007), Spain (2007-2012), and Brazil (2012-2013).
- Peter McNab: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Charles J Camarda in New York City: New York, USA; PhD/astronaut.
- Beth Henley in Jackson: Mississippi, USA; actress/playwright (Miss Firecracker).
- Philippe Jeantot: French former deep sea diver, who achieved recognition as a sailor for long-distance, single-handed racing and record-setting.
- William Fox: Hungarian-American screenwriter and producer founded the Fox Film Corporation and Fox Theatres (d. 1952).
- Of Thee I Sing opens at Ziegfeld Theater NYC for 72 performances
- Shuffle Along opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 4 performances
- Mad Magazine debuts.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?