Sunday 8 May 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Franco Baresi and Gilles Maistre.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stuck On You by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Rickshaw Man, directed by Hiroshi Inagaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching An Age of Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1960 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Franco Baresi: Italian soccer player, he was on AC Milan and made his international debut in 1982.
- Gilles Maistre: French journalist, film director, producer and entrepreneur.
- Eric Brittingham: American bass player (Cinderella and Naked Beggars).
- Wiffi Smith wins LPGA Betsy Rawls Peach Blossom Golf Open.
- USSR and Cuba resume diplomatic relations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- The Browns - The Old Lamplighter
- Jackie Wilson - Night
- Johnny Preston - Cradle Of Love
- Billy Bland - Let The Little Girl Dance
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?