Wednesday 8 May 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to I Will Follow Him by Little Peggy March.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Winter Light, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1963 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Anthony Field: Australian musician and actor.
- Florence Parly: French politician and senior government official, who was Secretary of State for the Budget from 2000 to 2002.
- Michel Gondry: French filmmaker, whose works include being a commercial director, music video director, and a screenwriter.
- Terry Christian: British radio and television presenter.
- Sylvain Cossette: Canadian singer-songwriter (Paradox).
- Izabela Kloc: Polish politician
- Aleksandr Kovalenko: Belarusian triple jumper
- Rick Zombo: American ice hockey player and coach
- Laurence Boccolini: French radio and television host.
- Robin Jarvis: British writer
- Clemens Lothaller: in Austria; cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-13 backup).
- Dr No premieres in US
- JFK offers Israel assistance against aggression
- US President John Kennedy offers Israel assistance against aggression.
- South Vietnamese soldiers of Catholic President Ngo Dinh Diem open fire on Buddhists defying a ban on the flying of the Buddhist flag on Vesak, killing nine.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- The Shirelles - Foolish Little Girl
- Brenda Lee - Losing You
- The Kingston Trio - Reverend Mr. Black
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?