Friday 8 May 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hello, Dolly! by Louis Armstrong.
What a Way to Go!, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1964 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Eric Brittingham: rocker (Cinderella-Heartbreak Station).
- Melissa Gilbert: TV Actress.
- Päivi Alafrantti: Finnish javelin thrower.
- Bobby Labonte: American race car driver.
- Nathalie Roy: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Dave Rowntree: English drummer and animator (Blur and The Ailerons)
- Metin Tekin: Turkish footballer manager and journalist
- Cheryl Richardson in Palo Alto: California, USA; actress (Jennie - General Hospital).
- Melissa Gilbert [Boxleitner/Brinkman] in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Little House on the Prairie).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- The 4 Seasons - Ronnie
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Danny Williams - White On White
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?