Saturday 8 May 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1965 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 May
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- The Rolling Stones - The Last Time
- Sounds Orchestral - Cast Your Fate To The Wind
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?