Monday 8 May 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Happening by The Supremes.
In UK Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
For a Few Dollars More, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1967 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Viviana Durante: Italian ballerina and actress.
- Muhammad Ali is indicted for refusing induction in US Army
- The Philippine province of Davao is split into three: Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, and Davao Oriental.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
- The Buckinghams - Don't You Care
- The Dave Clark Five - You Got What It Takes
- Peaches and Herb - Close Your Eyes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?