Thursday 8 May 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Culpepper and Duane Forde.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures) by The 5th Dimension.
In UK The Israelites by Desmond Dekker & The Aces was in the top 5 hits.
Age of Consent, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gnomes of Dulwich.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1969 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Brad Culpepper: NFL defensive tackle (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Duane Forde: Canadian Football League fullback (Calgary Stampeders).
- Swift Burch: Canadian Football League defensive end (Montreal Alouettes).
- Akebono Taro: American sumo wrestler, the 64th Yokozuna.
- François Busnel: French journalist for L'Express, literary critic, and TV host, he presents the weekly program "La Grande Librairie" on the national channel France 5 (since 2008).
- Fabrice Tiozzo: French boxer, a light heavyweight. Out of a total of 28 matches he lost only one fight at the World championship in April 1993. His titles included: WBA Cruiserweight Champion and former WBC Light Heavyweight Champion since 6/16/1995. On 11/13/1999 he stopped Ken Murphy after the seventh round to retain his WBA Cruiserweight Championship.
- Jonny Searle: English rower
- Akebono Tarō: American-Japanese sumo wrestler the 64th Yokozuna
- Remington Kellogg: American zoologist and paleontologist (d. 1969).
- Pope Paul VI publishes constitution Sacra Ritum Congregation
- Cambodia recognizes German Democratic Republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- The Cowsills - Hair
- The Isley Brothers - It's Your Thing
- The Ventures - Hawaii Five-O
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy
- Booker T. & The M.G.'s - Time Is Tight
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Sweet Cherry Wine
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer
- Donovan - Atlantis
- The Beatles - Get Back
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?