Saturday 8 May 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
10 Rillington Place, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1971 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Stephen Ingram: NFL tackle/guard (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Carlos Brooks: NFL cornerback (Arizona Cardinals).
- Chris Wolf: Actor / musician (Guys Next Door).
- Chuck Huber: American voice actor director and screenwriter.
- Candice Night: American singer-songwriter (Blackmore's Night).
- Earl of Ruston closes at Billy Rose Theater NYC after 5 performances
- Joe Frazier beats Muhammad Ali at Madison Square Garden, New York.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- Bread - If
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
- Aretha Franklin - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Daddy Dewdrop - Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)
- Lobo - Me And You And A Dog Named Boo
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?