Monday 8 May 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Keelin Curnuck and Chris Sanders.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1972 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Keelin Curnuck: Miss New York USA (1996) / Ms Venus Swimwear (1994).
- Chris Sanders: NFL wide receiver (Tennessee Titans / Houston Oilers).
- Guillaume Barreau Decherf: French journalist, writing for "Libération", "Rolling Stone" and the "Inrockuptibles", one of the 90 victims of the terrorist attack at Paris Bataclan.
- Darren Hayes: Australian singer.
- Candy Pangilinan: Filipino actress.
- Ray Whitney: Canadian ice hockey player
- Sabena aircraft at Lod International airport, Tel Aviv, Israel, captured by Palestinians.
- Vietnam War : U.S. President Richard M. Nixon announces his order to place mines in major North Vietnamese ports in order to stem the flow of weapons and other goods to that nation.
- Four Black September terrorists hijack Sabena Flight 571. Israeli Sayeret Matkal commandos recapture the plane the following day.
- U.S. President Richard Nixon orders the mining of Haiphong Harbor in Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- Ringo Starr - Back Off Boogaloo
- America - A Horse With No Name
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?