Thursday 8 May 1975
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to He Don't Love You (Like I Love You) by Tony Orlando and Dawn.
In UK Bye Bye Baby by Bay City Rollers was in the top 5 hits.
Mandingo, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1975 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Enrique Iglesias: Spanish singer, the son of famed heartthrob Julio Iglesias but appealing to the next generation, a superstar in his own right.
- Gaston Mazzacane: Argentine racing driver.
- Jussi Markkanen: Finnish ice hockey player.
- Gastón Mazzacane: Argentinian race car driver.
- Dmitri Ustritski: Estonian footballer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - He Don't Love You (Like I Love You)
- Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom
- Freddy Fender - Before The Next Teardrop Falls
- B.J. Thomas - (Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Shining Star
- Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Jackie Blue
- Carpenters - Only Yesterday
- The Blackbyrds - Walking In Rhythm
- Paul Anka - I Don't Like To Sleep Alone
- Leo Sayer - Long Tall Glasses (I Can Dance)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?