Friday 8 May 1981
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bjorn Dixgard and Stephen Amell.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Morning Train (Nine To Five) by Sheena Easton.
In UK Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
The Burning, directed by Tony Maylam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching SCTV Network.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qix or Turtles.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1981 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Bjorn Dixgard: Swedish guitarist, singer, songwriter.
- Stephen Amell: TV Actor.
- Jeremy Jahns: YouTube Star.
- Namosh : German DJ and producer.
- Ayesha Antoine: English actress.
- Andrea Barzagli: Italian footballer
- Tatyana Dektyareva: Russian hurdler
- Björn Dixgård: Swedish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Mando Diao)
- Mich Dulce: Filipino actress singer and fashion designer
- Manny Gamburyan: Armenian-American mixed martial artist
- John Maine: American baseball player
- Yasuko Tajima: Japanese swimmer
- Elizabeth Whitmere: Canadian actress and screenwriter
- Uri Zvi Grinberg: Israeli poet and journalist (Born 1896).
- Ron Davis pitches 10th consecutive strike out, one short of record.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 May 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Eric Clapton - I Can't Stand It
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?