Sunday 8 May 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Juan Martin Goity and Robert Tullock.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Beat It by Michael Jackson.
In UK True by Spandau Ballet was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Thunder, directed by John Badham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Home.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Asterix or Felix and the Fruit Monsters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1983 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Juan Martin Goity: Argentine-born German rugby player.
- Robert Tullock: American homicide, the older of two boys who stabbed two Dartmouth professors to death, Half and Susanne Zantop, found in their home on 1/27/2001 at 6:30 PM by another couple who had been invited over for dinner.
- Elyes Gabel: TV Actor.
- Matt Willis: British singer (Busted).
- Juan Goity: Argentinian-German rugby player.
- Bershawn Jackson: American hurdler
- Lawrence Vickers: American football player
- Roberto Vitiello: Italian footballer
- Janet Coles wins LPGA Lady Michelob Golf Tournament.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?