Saturday 8 May 1993
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Freak Me by Silk.
In UK Five Live (EP) by George Michael & Queen With Lisa Stansfield was in the top 5 hits.
Much Ado About Nothing, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1993 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
Famous Birthdays:08 May
- Kees Deenik: singer/conductor, dies.
- 16 year old Keron Thomas disguises himself as a motorman and takes NYC subway train and 2,000 passengers on a 3 hour ride
- Lennox Lewis beats Tony Tucker in 12 rounds for heavyweight boxing title.
- ABC Masters Bowling Tournament won by Phil Ware.
- Sixteen-year old Keron Thomas disguises himself as a motorman and takes New York City subway train and 2,000 passengers on a three hour ride.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?